Why you should post photos of your business on your Google Listing and How to get Google Reviews
The number 1 reason why to post photos on Google? Views!
I posted this review of Sugar Factory a year and a half ago and then forgot about it. Now it has over 61,700 views. Granted this is for a popular venue at Foxwoods Casino, but scrolling through my other reviews, I can see they all have lots of views.
You can post your own photos for your business on Google through what they call your Google Business Listing. It's that box that pops up when you Google your business name.
Posting directly to Google is going to the source of search. Giving information directly to Google means it has the ability to control the content and will be more likely to share your content with users.
Do you have something that your customers can photograph and share? Make it easy for them to do so and them give them a gentle reminder that every review on Google helps!
This is easier for stores and product based businesses, but service businesses can find a way to get people sharing. For example, one of my clients has a top hat that he keeps in his office. This top hat was the inspiration for his logo and people comment on it all the time. They could take a photo with the client at the signing of a deal, which the client could then share on their Facebook and on a Google review since they had a fantastic experience.
I have also seen murals that are painted on the sides of buildings where people love to have their picture taken.
Do not assume that customers will leave reviews. It's not something that is on most people's minds. Try these tips to encourage your customers to give you a review:
1. Pick one place where you want to gather reviews - like on your Google Listing
2. Send a reminder along with the invoice nicely asking them to leave a review on Google
3. Send a follow up email asking for a review and make it even easier by including a link to your Google Listing.
4. Add a section with a link on your website asking for a Google review.
Here is how to grab the URL/Web Address that will automatically bring up the Google Review box for your business:
1. Go to Google.com on a browser, not a mobile device, and type in your business name.
2. Click on Write A Review (see image below).
3. Click on the address bar. With the URL highlighted blue, right click and copy the link (see second image below).
Now you can share this link on your website, in emails, on social media, etc. When the person clicks on the link, they will automatically be brought to this review box. As long as they are signed into Google, they can leave a review. If they are not signed in, they will be prompted to sign in. If they do not have a Google account, they will not be able to leave a review.